Fractional COOs come from many different backgrounds, and each may have a different approach to day-to-day operations and managing teams.
Most fractional COOs will expect to have an introductory call or meeting where they can spend some time getting to know your business. This will include understanding your key business metrics, your current strengths and areas of improvement, and defining a goal for the engagement.
- The goal could be any or all of the list below:
- Improving cash flow by addressing low revenue or high expenses.
- Increasing revenue by working with pricing or the product/service offering.
- Working to align the team and put processes in place to ensure that everyone is playing to their strengths. I highly recommend Working Genius to my clients, and help them integrate this system into their company.
- Providing guidance on long-term or short-term operational challenges.
These are a few of the most common starting places for an initial conversation with a Fractional COO. These are only examples—there are as many unique challenges and opportunities as there are unique businesses.
If you would like to discuss how a Fractional COO would work with your business, please feel free to reach out today.